Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Georgia O'Keeffe II

This painting marks a trio of new ventures for me.

I believe that Georgia O'Keeffe is the first person I've painted twice. See the first from 10.9.09 here. It's a younger Georgia from a photograph taken by her husband, Alfred Stieglitz, in 1932.

Also, at 24" by 30", this painting is one of the largest I've ever done. Many have suggested that I paint larger than my standard 20" by 24" palette. I really like the larger feel and effect!

Lastly, this painting marks the first time I am selling my work. Recently, I was invited to exhibit at a friend's gallery in March. Click the link for more info. I'll be there on the "First Friday" event on March 5. I will have more to sell there as well. Just finished one of Jon Malkovich which turned out very cool. I will post that shortly. Just starting another of Miles Davis. Then, Al Franken. Then, Jennifer Aniston. Then, Michael J. Fox.

I should do one of Linda Ellerbee. "And so it goes."

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment