Friday, October 9, 2009

Georgia O'Keeffe

Truth be told, I never fancied her work. I respect it. Admire it. And value it. But I would never hang it. (And Lord only knows what she'd think of my work.) But when it comes to Georgia O'Keeffe the person, I am the hugest fan. So many words make up this small-framed woman. Strong. Talented. Confident. Independent. Free. Alive. Yes, truly alive.

And, oh yes, she's originally from Wisconsin.

Above is one of my first pieces from 1991. It's from a photograph taken by her husband, Alfred Stieglitz, in 1932. I plan on doing another soon. A great head-on shot of her in her later years. Still beautiful and strong. Stay tuned.

Lastly, here's a nice piece of footage I found of her sharing her Ghost Ranch in New Mexico as well as its surroundings. Watch the whole piece. Her last line is the absolute best.

1 comment:

  1. Exquisite.

    I've not seen your work in ages and it just blows me away today to see all these new pieces.

    ReplyDelete