Monday, January 25, 2010

John Malkovich

I don't know much about John Malkovich other than what I have seen on the screen. In life, he's a relatively private individual. His father, Daniel Malkovich, was a state conservation director and publisher of Outdoor Illinois, a conservation magazine. While his mother, Joe Ann, owned the magazine. Because of his father's work, the Malkovich family is widely regarded as one of the founding families of the environmental movement in Illinois.

I saw this photograph of Malkovich and immediately liked it. It's full of character. And very different. And cool. Which seem to match the man himself. And at 22x28" it is one of the newer, larger palettes that I am starting to really enjoy. Painting now more than ever, I am in a "groove" and absolutely loving it. This has allowed me to notice an evolution in my work. Let me know if you notice it, too. As always, enjoy. And let me know what you think. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment