Friday, November 9, 2012

Woody Hayes

About a year ago a friend asked if I would do a painting of OSU coach Woody Hayes for her church's silent auction at the holidays. It took only about 20 seconds of a Google Image search to find this great shot. I loved the composition, side profile. I knew instantly that I could work with it. In fact, it's one of those pieces that came together so well that it almost painted itself. Maybe because it was for a benevolent cause. Who knows. Still, once done, I had it scanned and, with the help of a friend with a high-end printer at his business, had a short run of limited prints made. I matted the prints in a burgundy that plays off of the red "O" in his hat (which I like a lot). Profits went to The Open Table, the food pantry at the church I attend. I believe that I have a few prints left. If interested, just shoot me a note. Thanks! ronkellow@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment