Thursday, July 30, 2009

Current work: JIM FISCUS

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Jim in February of 2008. (Another handsome bald man.) We shot throughout L.A. for one of my day job's larger pharma accounts. Jim has a coolness, style, perception, and vision like few others. Having worked with several photographers for ad shoots over the years (both large and small gigs), Jim was one of the best. Inspiration enough for a painting, yes? So, I contacted his rep and she sent me a hi-res of the pic here. Perfect. I sketched it out the other night and, Lord willing, will be applying acrylic to canvas this weekend. So, stay tuned ...

Check out Jim's fab work here.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's cool how you boil an image down to it's simplest components. The human face is probably the most difficult things to capture in a drawing or painting. It's amazing how much detail you can remove and still quickly identify the peeople in your paintings. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete